Sunday 9 February 2014

Birds, Wind, Rain and Sunshine !!!!

When is this wind and rain going to ease, it's making birding very hard.
I have managed to dodge the showers and find a few!
 
First WAXWING's which have been in short supply this year, turned up right next to my place of work in Lattice Ave, so popped out into my lunch hour with my Canon bridge camera SX50HS.

Then they very briefly popped down on the Rowan Tree, only got one shot off before they flew off.
Thanks Dave for letting me park in your garden
-----------------------------------
Then on Thursday decided to give Minsmere another look
Because of the weather spent most of my time in the Island Mere hide.
The ever present COMMON SNIPE were still showing well
This one with 1DS Mk II
 
Then finally two WHOOPER SWAN's flew in but were distant
 
The a Kingfisher nearly flew in the open window and eventually perched on reeds a very long way off.
(uncropped)
 
 
Cropped in
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment