Sunday 27 May 2012

Chance sighting of a Dartford Warbler

Whilst walking along the path at undisclosed public area in Suffolk, I stopped to photograph a Stonechat on a top of a bush, took a few photo's then up popped 3  male Dartfords (2 were colour ringed) right next to the Stonechat and they never noticed me, they were flying about catching flies. I managed to get a few pictures, did not stay for too long as the are breeding at the moment and I did not want to disturb him, but what luck!!

So there is some true in the tale "See a Stonechat and you will see a Dartford Warbler"




He lost his balance on this perch!!!!





These two birds was colour ringed










1 comment:

  1. Hello
    Am I able to use some of your images for use at the new visitor centre at Hengistbury Head? You will get a credit for your lovely images.
    Peter Ralley
    peter@rali.org.uk

    ReplyDelete