Saturday 1 March 2014

Couple of Great Short Eared Owl days at Shingle Street

Spent two half days at Shingle Street (Thursday and Saturday) both days started off dull and wet, but yet again Shingle Street delivered!!!
There were three SEO's on Thursday and they were very obliging,  two on Saturday and it was hard work (road was too busy).
Thursday
 
 
They did fly too!!!
 
 
 
 
SATURDAY
 
As I said it was hard work, but when I arrived drove past pumping station just past Oxley Dairy and there was sitting one sitting on a post right beside the road, he flew and I thought that he had gone, but he just went and sat on a post about 20 yards from me.
 
 
Only one decent flying shot
 
 
I have a feeling that it will not be long before they fly North, as they seem to feeding themselves up for it, I will miss them lets hope they return next year!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment