Friday 26 November 2021

Two great days at Bawdsey Quay

Having not seen a Snow Bunting this year, my friend Peter Philips had found four at Bawdsey Quay the day before, I decided to check if they had stayed over night. Got there about 9ish and after awhile found three of them towards the quay. They were very approachable and at ease my presents, so I was able to get loads of photographs.





















After an hour decided to have a quick look at East Lane to see if the Goldeneye Drake was still there, I was in luck it was still there


Nothing else of note so decided to go back to the quay and have another go with the cute Snow Buntings. I found them again near the quay, this time there were four of them. got some more photos until a Sparrowhawk unsuccessfully tried to take one, after that they disappeared 



Sparrowhawk flying across the river after a failed attempt to grab a Snow Bunting

The misty view across the river towards Felixstowe Ferry first thing in the morning


The next day Eddie wanted to see the Snow Buntings, so we met up there, I got there a bit earlier and cound not find them, so decided to walk up river a bit past the tank blocks. I had only gone about 40 metres, when amazingly a male Hen Harrier flew up right next to me, I have never seen one so close, unfortunately it flew away from me so only managed to get some rear view shots



  About 10 minutes later a Female Hen Harrier flew towards me and across the river.



Well after nearly two years since a saw one, amazing to see two within 10 minutes and to cap it both male (which has been 6 years in the waiting) and female

No comments:

Post a Comment